Pace bowler Al-Amin Hossain has been cleared to resume bowling in Bangladesh’s domestic competitions after the BCB’s bowling action review committee found his action to be “sufficiently rectified”.
“The technical assessment found no extension outside what is allowed. He (Al Amin Hossain) is now free to bowl in matches and competitions,” the committee’s chairman Mohammed Jalal Yunus said.
Al-Amin was reported for suspect action during the recent BPL. His wicket of Ariful Haque in the 15th over of the match between Khulna Titans and Comilla Victorians on November 28 had brought him under scrutiny of the match officials.
He continued bowling in the BPL but didn’t take part in the first round of the BCL first-class competition that started earlier this week. On January 7, he underwent a retest under the bowling action review committee in Mirpur.
According to the BCB’s MIS (Management Information Systems) manager Nasir Ahmed, a considerable change was noticed from the time he was reported to his remodelled bowling action in the retest. “The elbow extension has come down from almost 20-21 degrees in some deliveries to a perfectly acceptable 11-12 degrees,” he said.