Every to-be bride wants to look flawless on her wedding day, and it is very important to follow a proper skincare regime and make changes to your diet to get glowing skin on your big day. Blossom Kochhar, chairperson, Blossom Kochhar Goup of Companies and Chiranjiv Chhabra, director and consultant dermatologist at Skin Alive clinics lists some bridal skin care home remedies every bride should follow:
Add fruits and green vegetables in your diet to keep your skin hydrated. (Shutterstock)
* A perfect diet is a must for a to-be bride to get in shape. You can start working on your diet 2-3 months prior to your wedding. However, if you’re short on time, it is recommended that you start right away.
* Things to be avoided include spicy food, tea, coffee, cigarettes and fatty foods.
* It is recommended to include lots of fruits and green vegetables in your diet to keep your skin hydrated.
* Drink a minimum of 2-4 litres of water every day. It not only keeps your body fit and helps to lose weight but also keeps your skin hydrated and acne-free.
* Also, avoid stress as it aggravates oily skin.
Do-It-Yourself skin care regime:
* For oily skin, mix 5 tablespoons of fullers earth, orange peel and sandalwood powder. Mix it well and keep it in a jar. Remember to exfoliate your skin twice a week. Whenever you wish to exfoliate, mix it with rose water and two drops of tea tree. Apply, massage for a minute, and rinse off.
* For dry skin, mix a large pinch of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon fresh cream, 1 crushed almond, and 2 drops of sandalwood oil. Dampen your face with water. Massage this scrub cream gently and rinse off.
* For combination skin, mix 1 tablespoon cream and ¼ tablespoon granular coffee powder. Use two drops of rose oil with it to exfoliator.
For oily skin, mix 2 drops of tea tree oil, 1 drop lemon oil and one drop of Jojoba oil. (Shutterstock)
Useful facial oils
* For oily skin, mix 2 drops of tea tree oil, 1 drop lemon oil and one drop of Jojoba oil. Take a few drops of this mixture and gently massage into your skin. Apply a hot towel as a compress to your face for a few minutes to aid penetration of oil.
* For dry skin, It is important to layer your moisturiser and conditioner for this skin type to trap in moisture and oil. Mix 3 drops of sandalwood oil, 1 drop of geranium oil, 1 tablespoon almond oil, and 2 teaspoons of castor oil. Take a few drops and apply on your face and don’t forget to massage well. You can use a hot compress and apply a moisturiser to get soft and smooth skin.
* Skin treatments like diamond polishing, beauty light oxygen therapy,Vitamin C serum oxyjetting,and oxy clear face therapy are excellent treatments for skin problems. Rather than opting for a regular facial, choose any of these in consultation with your dermatologist.
* Brides undergo a lot of stress and get nervous worrying about their D-day look. In order to prevent headaches, restlessness and dark circles, drink plenty of water and have a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep.
* Brides should also try having green vegetable juices like aloe vera, cucumber and spinach. They have anti-oxidant properties that help in bringing a natural glow along with benefits that creams and lotion promise.
* In the mornings, use a good cleanser that is suited for your skin type.
* At night, use a good make-up remover along with cleanser. Keeping make up overnight clogs the pores and leads to breakouts.
* Use a moisturiser daily and protect your skin from sun by using a good sunscreen
* Use a good exfoliant to exfoliate your skin at least thrice a week.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more