National Nutrition Week is held every year from September 1 to 7 to generate awareness about eating right for good health. The first such week was held in 1982 and aimed to highlight the causes of malnutrition and how to reduce it. A healthy diet lies at the core of good health and weight loss. And superfoods is a term that defines food that is nutritionally dense and good for your health.
Here are 5 superfoods that you need to add to your diet:
* Eggs:Eggs are a great source of high quality protein, and are also rich in vitamin B2, vitamin D, and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. An egg has 6 grams of protein but just 72 calories, which makes it a good food for weight loss diets.
Green tea can help you with weight loss. (Shutterstock)
* Green tea:Green tea is rich in antioxidants and can boost your brain function, help in weight loss, and lower risk of cancer thanks to a phytochemical that slows down irregular cell growth.
* Avocado:Avocado contains fibre, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. It can reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
Eating nuts like pistachios can help your gut and with your weight loss plans. (Shutterstock)
* Mushrooms:Mushroom contains an abundance of vitamin D and A, as well as potassium, fibre, and antioxidants. Mushrooms reduce inflammation and prevent certain types of cancer.
* Pistachios:Pistachio contains a lot of protein and fibre and make for a tasty snack in moderation. They are also cholesterol-free and contain as much potassium as a small banana. It helps you get a healthy gut, and boosts weight loss.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 31, 2018 16:42 IST