Make your home look artistic and rustic with old-looking wooden doors and window frames. Or you can bring in some copper and bronze metal objects or throw in some rugs. Vaibhav Jain, CEO, Deco Window, and Piyush Bhandari, co-founder at Jumpinggoose, share some ideas for giving your home a makeover:
* Wood: Wooden pieces of art are back in fashion. An increasing number of interior designers are suggesting going for wooden decor to give your home a pleasant look, be it wall shelves or curtain rods. Opt for wooden flooring as there are lots of options available in the market. Wooden frames also give an antique look to your room with a vintage feel.
* Rustic: Rustic is often associated with laidback, calm and a non-urban feel. Furniture which blends rustic with modern trends is a great combination for home decor. It also goes well with floral decor, hence, a theme having hanging flowers can also have a good rustic background.
* Metallic: There is something about wall arts that adds charm to your room. Heavy paintings or frames act as a way of expressing yourself through decor. Combining copper, gold, and silver can prove to be a good idea, provided matte is something that’s kept in mind while looking for the end product. Bronze vases and high-gloss metals for bowls work well to accessorise your home. But make sure to keep the metallics in a single colour tone. Table lamps with frosted bulbs can also make your decor stand out. A shiny chair or cushion is another way of making your room look chic. Copper tables give your home a cosy atmosphere giving a bohemian-style decor.
Proper lighting is extremely important in all parts of your home. It makes your home feel comfortable, functional and inviting. (Shutterstock)
* Lighting: Proper lighting is extremely important in all parts of your home. It makes your home feel comfortable, functional and inviting. If you are a voracious reader and love reading before bedtime, opt for table lamps.If you’re an outdoor person or have children at home, garden torches are what your home needs. Have a chandelier in your living room for a dazzling effect.
* Rugs: These are the best options to fill left-out spaces and walls. Rugs add artistry to your home, and rugs with beautiful designs make your floor look beautiful and elegant. A sizeable rug is a perfect solution to let go of unattended spaces. Using rugs as a wall hanging is another contemporary-yet-rural home decor idea. Large-printed rugs on empty walls work wonders for your interiors. Also, using adjustable curtain rods on your walls to hang these rugs gives it a vintage feel. Check that the furniture should sit perfectly on the rug.
* Blinds: A lot of people are going back to traditional blinds. It works perfectly for large windows, such as French windows, as it gives it a feeling of privacy and cosiness. Also, a lot of blinds now have a remote control making it easier and comfortable to operate.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more