Gurugram (Haryana) [India], October 27 (ANI): In the wake of recent crimes against students inside the school premises, the Gurugram Police on Friday directed police action against 135 schools that failed to submit self-certificate on safety guidelines.
“Last month, Directorate of Secondary Education instructed the schools for safety complicense. The authorities also served notices to schools for self-certification but 135 schools failed to do so. The orders were given to the police to register case for violation of Section 144 CrPC under Section 188 IPC,” said Gurugram Deputy Commissioner Vinay Pratap Singh.
The schools were instructed to submit self-certificate within 15 days after completing the norms.
Till now, only 223 schools have submitted their certificates.
In fact, the police have been asked to write to DCP headquarters in case of violation.
The school management was asked to give certificates to the district administration based on points mentioned below:
– The school management should constitute a school security committee which will include two parents as representatives.
– The school management will also ensure the current condition of fire safety equipment and should get fire safety certificate issued.
– Apart from this, there should be separate toilet arrangements for non-teaching staff.
Simultaneously, special toilets with ramps must be made for physically challenged children. It is compulsory to assign a female attendant in toilets for small children.
– CCTV cameras should be installed in the school premises in adequate number.
– As per the issued order, school buses must have GPS systems installed along with CCTV cameras and the presence of female attendant is mandatory in bus.
– The police verification of non-teaching staff working in the school is compulsory.
On October 9, the Supreme Court had asked the Centre and the state governments to file safety guidelines for schools, while specifically keeping in mind that the children should not be in any phobia.
The apex court also observed that when the safety guidelines are formed, certain mechanism must be put in place. (ANI)
This story has not been edited. It has been published as provided by ANI